Marketing Manager – Work from a cool office and own the marketing strategy and activities!
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Contract Length: Permanent
Are you a marketing professional who thinks outside the box? Interested in the education industry? Want to own a company’s marketing strategy and activities? This might be the role for you!
Our client is a trade association for UK educational suppliers. They represent over 400 educational suppliers in the UK, including manufacturers and distributors of equipment, materials, books, consumables, furniture, technology, ICT hardware and digital-content related services to the education market. Their members benefit from industry insights and exclusive research reports while enjoying access to top-quality seminars and networking events. Combined, they generate upwards of £2 billion of revenue each year.
This is a great opportunity to own the marketing strategy and activities for a widely recognised company. Responsibilities include:
- Planning and implementing marketing campaigns to support activities such as events, training, policy initiatives and member services
- Managing the marketing budget; reporting on ROI
- Writing, creating and deploying regular email marketing campaigns to all company audiences including members, non-members and schools
- Managing the website and its future development; keeping the site up to date; using analytics to monitor success and inform decision making
- Preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes
- Communicating with colleagues and key stakeholders, including members, schools, politicians, and the media
- Using social media for both paid and organic campaigns to drive traffic and increase followers (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook etc)
- Identifying new marketing channels relevant to strategy
- Writing and editing comms, blogs, articles, press releases and printed marketing materials
- Managing the brand, both internally and overseeing the use of our logo by members
- Delivering presentations at open days, and other member events as required
- Acting as Data Processor for GDPR
- £35,000 – 40,000 salary
- Training budget each year for formal courses or any learning (training courses, talks, books, etc.)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Bonus scheme paid annually of up to 5% of salary
- Wellness activities (wellbeing boxes, half days off, etc.)
- Flexible with office hours
- Regular team socials
- Hybrid working, some days in the office, some from home
- Work from a cool office in Shoreditch, or from any one of the associated office spaces across London as well as from home. So there's extra flexibility to not have to commute, but also not be stuck at home if you don’t want to.
To be successful, you will…
…have the ability to write engaging copy
…have strong experience in a marketing or communications role
…have experience in the use of CRM systems, Mailchimp, SurveyMonkey, Google Analytics, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Excel
…have experience in using CMS websites, ideally WordPress
…be passionate about social media
…be responsive, agile and able to pivot and reprioritise when needed
…be enthusiastic and committed to achieving both individual and organisational goals
…have excellent presentation skills and the confidence to engage with a wide range of companies, often with individuals at a senior level
…have strong organisational skills, with an ability to juggle multiple tasks under pressure
...ideally have experience in the education sector
If you’re a talented and motivated marketing professional, apply now!