Junior Product Designer – work with an experienced designer on cool projects
Salary: £18,000 - £25,000
Contract Length: Permanent
Are you interested in graphic/product design? Looking to begin your design career? Want to use the latest tech on interesting software products? This might be the role for you!
Our client is an established and leading group of education technology companies. They have three main software products, including an award-winning CRM system, a school auditing software, and a work-related learning platform.
Post-lockdown, the company will be moving into a newly renovated office in Bicester, which will be a creative and motivating space full of forward-thinking entrepreneurs and kitted out with the latest technology. It will be a fantastic environment to learn and develop in.
You’ll work closely with the Lead Designer to learn, and eventually support the development of the three existing software platforms. Duties include:
- Working closely with the product owners to develop innovative but simple solutions
- Developing user journeys using Miro documentation tools
- Building interactive and fully scoped user journey wireframes using Axure
- Incorporating designs provided by 3rdparties into the Axure wireframes
- Work with the database architects to create database documentation to support the delivery of the proposed solution
- Work with the software development project managers to create developer documentation to support the delivery of the proposed solution
- Work with the software testers to ensure accurate delivery of the specifications
- Work with the product account managers to handover the new solutions to clients
- £22,000 - £25,000 salary (depending on experience)
- Begin your design career by working with an established and successful Lead Designer
- Work with a team of driven and focused entrepreneurs who will support your professional development in order to progress
- Eat and drink from the ‘unhealthy fridge’ or the healthy one, for the fitness fanatics!
- Very good social events including their famous Christmas party
- Work in a creative, forward-thinking environment
- 20-days holiday, rising to 25 after tenure with the business
To be successful, you will…
…be educated in a STEM subject
…have an understanding of the Adobe suite (ideally Adobe XD), and/or Axure
…have strong analytical/logical skills
…have a passion for user experience and simplicity
…have a good working knowledge and respect for design
If you’re seeking a career in design and excited by developing interesting software, apply now!